The Municipality of Magnetawan is located in the District of Parry Sound between Parry Sound and Burk's Falls. With a population of approximately 1300, Magnetawan is a beautiful, natural area boasting the Magnetawan River and many scenic lakes. From its headwaters in Algonquin Park, the Magnetawan River flows through lakes, rapids and waterfalls as it winds its way to Georgian Bay. The historic lift locks, located in the Village of Magnetawan opened in 1886, making this one of the oldest colonized areas in the Parry Sound District. St. George the Martyr Anglican Church was painted in 1933 by A.J. Casson of the Group of Seven.
table. Paddle boats and canoes are free of charge. Come and enjoy.
Rates Offer also includes FREE Breakfast, FREE Parking, FREE Wireless Internet Access & Discounts at Local Restaurants. KIDS STAY FREE! PET FRIENDLY! CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY AND ASK FOR THE “GAS UP AND GO” SPECIAL Stay More Nights—Receive More Free Gas!Minimum one night stay, based on a traditional one or two bedded guest room, up to double occupancy, rates quoted are net non-commissionable, and are not valid with any other special rate or promotional offer. One gas card per room per night. Offer is valid through to April 30, 2011
popular superstar. The Shania Twain Centre was built to celebrate Shania, her successes and her growth from young artist in Timmins to international
superstar. The Centre includes a 4,000-square-foot exhibit space on Shania, a 1,200-square-foot traveling exhibit space and a 1,000-square-foot
retail area and houses over a $1-million worth in memorabilia including awards and clothing loaned by Shania.