The Municipality of Magnetawan is located in the District of Parry Sound between Parry Sound and Burk's Falls. With a population of approximately 1300, Magnetawan is a beautiful, natural area boasting the Magnetawan River and many scenic lakes. From its headwaters in Algonquin Park, the Magnetawan River flows through lakes, rapids and waterfalls as it winds its way to Georgian Bay. The historic lift locks, located in the Village of Magnetawan opened in 1886, making this one of the oldest colonized areas in the Parry Sound District. St. George the Martyr Anglican Church was painted in 1933 by A.J. Casson of the Group of Seven.
2 night minimum on weekends (some exceptions apply).Each cottage provides a beautiful view of Dwight Bay, on Lake of Bays, as well as modern “must haves” such as satellite TV and wireless high-speed internet.