Safe winter and spring road and snow and ice report links
|Enjoy the beauty of winter-be safe!|
Safe Winter-Spring Tips
A few simple steps will help prepare for a safe winter in the outdoors or during winter power outages:
- Have a winter driving survival kit in your car that includes a shovel, blanket, extra clothing and footwear. See Winter Auto Tips for Safety
- In a power outage, use flashlights or battery-operated lanterns instead of candles or hurricane lamps. If you must use a candle, place it in a secure holder, cover it with a glass chimney, and keep it away from children and pets.
- If you must be outside during cold weather or a snowstorm, avoid overexertion, wear several layers of clothing, wear waterproof and insulated boots and regularly check for frostbite.
- You can still be safe and enjoy winter outdoors...check recommendations for safety about your favourite winter sport
More suggestions about winter
- How to get your family prepared for winter storms.
- How to be prepared and safe for winter driving.
- Stay on top of weather forecasts and winter storm alerts.
- Learn about road conditions before getting behind the wheel.